Our philosophy and process
- The strategy is conviction-based with no sector constraints and few regional constraints; it has a higher exposure to UK securities than our Global Equity strategy. A constantly evolving and forward-looking approach seeks to anticipate change, manage risk, and identify opportunities.
- ESG considerations are integrated throughout the research process and via proprietary quality reviews, to ensure that any material issues are captured.
Every time we consider a security or look at an industry or country, it’s in the context of what’s happening across the world. We believe the investment landscape is shaped over the long term by some key trends, and we use a range of global investment themes to capture these.
Our Global Equity (50/50) strategy is managed by a team with a wide range of backgrounds and varied experience. Our global sector analysts and investment managers are located on a single floor in London, which helps to ensure that the investment process is flexible and opportunistic. Guided by our global investment themes, the team works together to identify opportunities and risks through research and debate.
- years' average investment experience
- years' average time at Newton
Portfolio manager, multi-asset team
Portfolio manager, UK Equities and Multi-Asset
Head of investment
- To achieve long-term capital growth from a portfolio of UK and international securities
- 50% UK equities (FTSE All-Share) and 50% international equities (1/3 FTSE AW North America, 1/3 FTSE AW Europe ex UK, 1/3 FTSE AW Asia Pacific)
- To outperform the comparative index by 1-2% per annum
Typical number of equity holdings
60 to 110
- Below £200m (as at 31 December 2018)
Composite inception: 1 January 1996
Representative portfolio (Newton 50/50 (formerly 60/40) Global Equity Fund) inception: 15 February 1999
Your capital may be at risk. The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the original amount invested.